Monday, March 6, 2017

Top Five Faves: D'orsay flats

Hi,
 Yes, I was inactive the past two months or so. Yes, without explanation. And I'm sorry for that. I was frustrated and stressed and out of content ideas, so I thought that it would be best to take some time off of Fashion teal and refocus. I want great content ideas, and they just weren't coming to me. Hopefully this break I took will be a great way to get my "mind juices" running.
 And I also made a decision. No more long, rambling posts about outfits. I think part of the reason I felt so uninspired is because I was afraid that blogging would take hours because I had to write a paragraph for each post. So, I came back to the world of blogging inspired. Fashion isn't about words necessarily. It's about the outfits that make us speechless. I'll say what I have to say and move on. No droning. If there are more things to say at times, sure, I'll say them. But not each time.
 With that being said, thanks to everyone who's still here. I apologize again. Now, let's get to it.
 I haven't done Top 5 Faves in a while, so I thought that it was the right time to do it. This time it's focused on d'orsay flats because I've always had a craving for them. You already know that I have a pair of black ones that I can't live without. I wear them all the time, and they're gorgeous, simply put.
 So, here we go.
5.
 I like this outfit for its light, fun appearance. Everything about it is bright and pretty, and that's perfect for spring! The main point for this post, the shoes, are very pretty. I really like the crisscross detailing and how they elegantly zigzag over the foot and come to rest at the ankle. It's so classy! The top is gorgeous; the cold-shoulder lace is really springy and fun. Unfortunately though, fall is my favorite season for street style fashion, so this look, while adorable, takes a backseat to the more fall-like looks. It's just a bit too sweet for my liking.


4.
 I know what you're probably wondering, if you know me and you've given this outfit a thorough dissection (which is what you're supposed to do if you really are looking at this outfit as a person deeply interested in fashion, not just viewing it as a person not as interested). Well, not even a thorough dissection. From a first glance, you should see boyfriend jeans. Then you might wonder, "why isn't this outfit number one?" Well, it's because while I can't resist a good pair of boyfriend jeans, it's what they're worn with that really entices me. Alone they're great, but paired with something gorgeous and that's even better. In this case, the jeans and flats are perfect, and even the jacket and scarf and bag are fashion-forward too. They should be; that's why I chose them to be on this post. It's just that it's a little too blah compared to the other ones. It doesn't blow me away as much. Maybe it's the angle, stance, hair, accessories, or lighting that makes me not head over heels for this look as much, but either way, it's just not making me light up like the other ones. Don't get me wrong, I love this look and I would definitely wear it, but something in it doesn't call my attention as much.


3.
 I like this look. A lot. The jeans I would wear, the bag and shoes match perfectly (not just in color, but they're both not shiny, polished, patent leather—they're on the duller side, which I do like), and the jacket is in the structure that I have been after for ages. Oh, and button down? Check. The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the leather jacket and bag right next to each other in two different shades like that. They're both trendy apart, but together? Not so sure. I don't know if this is me being picky or if other people have said this, but the two shades of leather kind of play with each other in a way that I don't exactly lust after.


2.
 So chic I don't even know where to begin! I am so in love with oversized coats it's not even funny, and the d'orsays and the coat are a flawless pairing! The style, length, color, and size of the coat are all so chic. I even love the little belt! The whole coat looks so cozy. And the jeans peeking out of the bottom with the frayed hems and small slit are a cool approach to hems. You'd have to present a seriously beautiful outfit to top this one. And luckily, there was one...


1. (!!!)
 When I saw this outfit on Pinterest, I literally gasped. Gasped! It's such a tasteful outfit; there's no way that this could be topped, for me. There's just something about this outfit. The flats are pointed toe, and you know me. I love pointed toe and d'orsay. And sure, the rest were all pointed toe, but this stands out to me. Maybe it's the positioning of her feet. And the dress. It's three quarter bell sleeves. Good. It's a button down. Better. It's made of light, flowy fabrics. Even better. And it's a shirtdress. That's the best part. It's such a gorgeous look... and topped of with sunglasses? I think I've died and gone to fashion heaven. Seriously, this is one of my favorite outfits ever. It screams trendy, street style-esque, and modern (without being too modern). And it's a good angle, for sure. I rate it a perfect 10. Absolutely and with no doubt.


Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment