Monday, August 1, 2016

Small in the presence of the earth

Hi,
 First and foremost, I'd like to wish my dear sister a very happy birthday! (It's amazing that her birthday landed on the exact day of my post.) I honestly can't believe that another year with you has passed. It's amazing and gratifying to have you as a person in my life, and I can't imagine what my life would be like without you. You're my (healthy!) competition, my confidante, and my best friend. It seems like just yesterday we were playmates as babies and in preschool. I don't know where the time has gone, but I'm so glad to be spending that time with you. I love you, "loser!" :)
 For my outfit today, I decided to wear a sleeveless top with a gather stitch separating the bodice from sort of like a long ruffle. I paired it with handmade black shorts. I went to a path near my house for these pictures. I don't know, but background's pretty important to me these days. I liked the path. It made me look small, like I was only one small part of what looks to be a bigger picture. Like all humans represent a part, all taking up a certain (small) amount of space. It was pretty cool, and as you just read, I thought pretty deep about my background.
 I decided to go barefoot to go with my hippie-ish thoughts of the world. More in touch with nature, right?
 And yes, I'm wearing my gold bangles again. I'm so obsessed with them. They go with literally everything that I own. Except silver, of course. But I love them so much, I've been wearing them practically all the time.
 Oh, and just a fashion observation. This combo of shorts over a long reminds me of the shorts-and-long-top pairing that another blogger, Wendy Nguyen, does sometimes. Check it out. And this.











Top: American Eagle
Crossed strap tank: Target
Shorts: handmade
Bracelets: gift

 Happy birthday again, sis. You deserve a great day.



Enjoy,

kamila <3

No comments:

Post a Comment