Monday, February 15, 2016

NYFW and who I'm excited to see

Hey girls,
 I first want to say Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you had fun celebrating with the people you love, I know I did. Love was certainly in the air yesterday, that's for sure!
 As you all know, New York Fashion Week started a few days ago (it officially starts today), and this is a time where all eager fashionistas celebrate after awaiting the arrival of spring, and even some fall, collections from their favorite designers. I am thrilled to see all the new collections from designers both new and old. There are some I will be watching for, however:

1. Rebecca Minkoff

  
This collection I have already seen (and LOVED), but I am encouraging you all to watch it if you haven't. It is divine! I have become enthralled with this brand ever since the last collection of light fabrics and prints. This time it is light, but there is a small mix of toughness involved with leather and suede jackets. If you haven't seen this collection, I'm right now telling you to please please watch it! You definitely won't be disappointed!


2. Marissa Webb

  
One reason why I am excited to see Marissa Webb is because the collection is just my style but it can step out of my comfort zone and I can still be fine with it, and this year is no exception. For example, in this collection, they played with mustard, which I would usually dismiss with a flip of my hand. Since this collection is totally my style, the trends shown might probably become the trends that I will adopt and love, so I regard the mustard hue not with disgust, but with a wary caution. I know I'm not going to embrace mustard immediately (much unlike this collection), but I will try, since it has been featured in a collection (rather stylish, I may add) that I feel comfortable with.

3. Yigal Azrouël

  
Yigal Azrouël is never one to disappoint in his collections. One thing I like about Yigal Azrouël collections is the need to do something different to wow the audience every time. This time the collection played with dark colors and brocades. The use of a trench coat was used, and I was pleasantly surprised to see it. The edges of he clothing were sharp and clean, and the overall look and feel was perfect! Congratulations on another great collection!


4. Prabal Gurung

  
Prabal Gurung did such an excellent job with this collection, as with the others. I love the use of knits and outerwear featuring bell sleeves and braid trimming on the lapel. The lovely use of prints on the dresses really showed the innocence he was trying to convey, yet adding edge with black in bold cuts and fabrics. The shoes did a great job of complementing the outfit but at the same time, they did not draw all the attention away from the outfit, a good balance in my opinion. I was dazzled at the use of fur and knits throughout the clothes. Once again, excellent job on this collection!

 I really am looking forward to watching my favorites and some new designers, too. I think that all os these wonderful collections will all be outstanding in different ways, and it'll be exciting to see what designers did hat in their collections. I'll report on my favorites next week, and I know I will have many, many favorites. Happy NYFW!

Hope you liked this post,

kamila <3




No comments:

Post a Comment