Monday, January 11, 2016

Sweater and collared

Hey girls,
 Today's another outfit post. I was inspired by the button-down-under-sweater style that can be paired with denim (boyfriend jeans!), A-line skirts, and much, much more. I wanted to try this trend for myself. Instead of wearing jeans, that's too ordinary, I tried out some straight legged pants and patent leather heels. This look was supposed to represent the smooth and classy (and slightly tomboyish) area of the style spectrum. I would suggest wearing this outfit to work, because it works! (That won't happen again, I promise.) What I love is how the sweater shows both the collar, and the open bottom of the button down. I love how I can style button downs so many different ways. I have a ton of button downs, and I am always looking for ways to style this traditional piece. The sweater is fairly thin, but it is still opaque enough so the button down can;t be seen through the sweater. I love how understated this sweater is! It doesn't take much to either dress up or dress down this sweater. This can come in handy when creating an outfit.
 I paired these gorgeous heels with this outfit because it really pulls out the classy and sharp, defined feel of the outfit. These heels also highlight and complement the pants, and when put together, they emphasize the feel of all these clothes together. The heels also really do a great job of pulling the outfit together, and not making it seem like these clothes were just thrown together.










Pants: H&M
Button down: Target
Sweater: H&M
Heels: Payless

 I really want to try and experiment with the sweater and button down collared shirt more often. I like the clean and finished look it has. The bottom of the shirt peeking out makes the look more approachable and fun. 
 I really think the heels were a good idea in this outfit. It looks more professional in this case. Heels can either contribute a fun and playful or a professional and polished impression. It all depends on how you style it. It always matters how you style it.

Hope you liked this post,

kamila <3

No comments:

Post a Comment