Monday, January 4, 2016

Classic blue coat

Hey girls,
 First post of 2016! I can't be more excited if I tried. This means that 2016 will be another year for my blog to grow and be bigger and better than it was last year and all of the years before. I am excited to grow and thrive with the help and support from my followers, commenters, and readers.
 Before I talk about this post, I want to say that yes, there will be a Christmas post part 2. Thank goodness.Yesterday, I opened my Christmas presents that were waiting under the Christmas tree when I got home from visiting family in Canada. Needless to say, I definitely wasn't disappointed! I really adored the gifts that I got, and I got some very stylish clothes that I will be showing in another post, probably next week. The only reason stopping me from going and blogging my brains out about what I got for Christmas part 2 is that I haven't yet received all of my gifts. Some of my family members haven't given me their gifts for me. But don't worry, hopefully by next week (and next blog post), I will have all of my gifts, and I will be able to blog all about them. 
 Back to Canada for a second. I had such a fun time, and I was feeling down when we got home because all I wanted to do was go back. The thought that there were unopened presents reduced my sadness by a reasonable amount. Not all the way, but I know that all good things must come to an end, plus I always leave Canada knowing that I'll be back. I love Canada. And my family lives there, after all. Coming back is inevitable. Inevitable in a good way.
 Now I'll stop reminiscing about Christmas. It's a new year! OK, now talking about this blog post, I believe that in the cold winter months, you should have at least one go-to coat to keep you warm and shield you from the trials and tribulations of the harsh season. Whether it's navy blue (like mine), black, white, gray, brown, or another color. The coat can either be a staple color, like black, white, or navy blue, or it can be the accent piece of the outfit, which usually means it's patterned or an unusual color that works. My coat in this outfit is a staple, which means that the color and style has been fashionably chosen without detracting attention from the outfit. This coat was chosen both for the style and the warmth. This coat is so warm! This kind of style gives you room to accessorize and plan outfits that contain bold colors, cuts, and patterns. In this outfit, I opted to include bold colors and accent jewelry. This outfit is sans bag, which I'm starting to reconsider. I would actually love to include an oversized, slouchy purse with this outfit, like a cute tote or hobo bag. 
 What I did include in the outfit was a pair of tights, which I don't wear usually but decided to try, and a miniskirt that I made with visible front pockets. I also included my favorite ankle boots that I am so in love with from Rainbow! But that's not all the outfit includes.
 I am debuting two of my Christmas gifts that I received from Christmas part 1, an adorable teal sweater that I immediately fell in love with when I first laid eyes on it, and a beautiful bangle set. I really admire the thin and pretty gold bangles compared to the chunky accent bangle. Also, the sweater is gorgeous, and such a pretty teal. I love it so much, and I was very much in need of new knits to add to my closet. 
 I was so anxious to wear these two gifts, so my outfit is mostly centered around these two components of the outfit. 








Coat: Forever 21
Skirt: handmade
Shoes: Rainbow
Tights: Target
Bracelets: H&M
Sweater: JCPenney

 The coat really adds a needed classic air to the outfit, plus it's winter! Warmth is key! But in my opinion, being warm and stylish earns you extra points. Being warm and being fashionable really instills that sense of accomplishment in me because I've made my outfit work for winter and for fashion.

Hope you liked this post,

kamila <3

2 comments: