Monday, December 14, 2015

Holiday party

Hey girls,
 There are so many people in the world. More than 7 billion, actually. Many people on this Earth equals many different styles. And while I can't list them all, I can certainly think of a few styles for the upcoming Christmas season, especially the parties.
 People can most of the time rely on one style to take them into any party. Some people mix styles and make it work. My style would probably have to be the third outfit, more of a fun and a little more casual take on an prim and proper attire. Again, people are different, so different styles work for different people. Either way, any of these outfits would look fashionably chic at any party you choose to attend! Except for formal holiday parties, those are a different story.
 The ensembles pictured below belong to four categories. In order, the outfit styles are traditional, casual, everyday formal, and bold.
 I used the effect of makeup so each of these outfits can be solidified into their categories. I may not say it a lot, but makeup speaks volumes for an outfit. It creates a mood that sometimes accessories and shoes cannot achieve. Makeup compliments style, simple as that.
 I cannot tell you how excited I am about these outfits! I would probably wear all of them, but I'm mostly leaning toward outfit number 3. What's your style?
 If you fit into one of these categories, that's great! I'm hoping that one of these outfits will be right up your alley. If you don't, maybe it could be the time to experiment with a different style. It is almost the New Year, after all. Maybe you'll grow into it! If you prefer to stick to your normal style, altering the outfits below to fit your taste could work.

Tradtional:
 Traditional is all about the outfit here. I love how pretty and refined everything is. Some people may say that the colors are dull, but bright colors do not always have to appear in a traditional outfit; as a matter of fact, it's better that there aren't any bright and bold colors, because then the outfit would turn into an ensemble belonging in possibly the third category. I really like these heels because they help the dress up its traditional factor. The slim, fluid, sleek design of the heels would look great on the foot and the clutch matches, which is a big positive. Gold jewelry is included to match the light gold hardware on the clutch purse. Included in the jewelry is a ring set (mentioned in my last post). I'm such a big fan of ring sets lately. Just the way that they can be stacked really makes me gravitate toward wearing more these days.

Casual:
  Don't always feel like throwing on a dress and heels to dress yourself up? Does the party you're going to even require fancy attire? No problem! Just go casual! Casual attire, contrary to popular belief, is actually a hard style to come up with an outfit for. It's not just about throwing on jeans and a shirt. There are ways to dress up and dress down a casual outfit. There are also many ways to create a casual outfit without jeans (like a skirt! In the aforementioned outfit, consider a plain skirt or a floral skirt), but I just included jeans in this outfit. I like including a color scheme in my outfits, so here, I stuck to a burgundy color palette, ranging from dark to light shades. The pearl earrings are just a fun addition to an otherwise structured outfit. One more thing, I am seriously crushing on these flats. They're everything I could want in a pair of flats: d'orsay and pointed toe. Together, this combination is unstoppable in a flat, and it's everything I look for in this particular type of shoe. Heels in the previously mentioned style work too. But it's a casual outfit, remember? That means no heels allowed!

Everyday Formal:
 This outfit is my favorite for a number of reasons, one being that it is so Christmas! Red, green, and white are the prime colors presented here. Another reason is that it features one of my favorite combinations: midi skirts and pointed toe heels. Whenever faced with an adorably stylish midi skirt, a pair of pointed toe heels immediately pops into my head. I know this is what I was thinking when I came upon the skirt above. Getting into the Christmas spirit, and because this is also included in my midi skirt and pointed toe heel combo, I included red lipstick. I think that red lipstick looks so classy both in this outfit and in general. What better way to break out your favorite red lipstick than featuring it in an outfit with a midi skirt? The lipstick and midi skirt look is so chic and sophisticated. I also am very taken with the adorable bow clutch. It's red, a Christmas color, and the little bow on the top of the clutch is the perfect addition to the size and length of the purse. Furthermore, I added red nail polish just for kicks. You can never say no to Essie nail polish! (It's also the perfect stocking stuffer for women and girls. I know I would love getting some nail polish in my stocking!)

Bold:
 A look such as this is hard to pull off in many cases. It doesn't mean achieving a fashionable bold look is impossible. The trick with bold outfits is to pair pieces carefully with others to attain a fashionable vivid look, ideal for mostly anywhere. Many people tend to stray away from the bold style because it is so hard to execute a look in this fashion. The outfit shown is more of a casual bold look. It's not done up particularly, but it would still be evident that the style is, in fact, very audacious. Boldness is shown in this outfit by including a big, heavy weighted (in the outfit) tote bag instead of a clutch, wristlet, envelope, or crossbody. Small bags would tend to be shown in an outfit like this, but instead, a trapeze tote was used. Surprise! I would like to note that the shoes worn with this outfit are boots. Not pumps, boots. Bold, right? I also used burgundy makeup to create a striking appearance on the face as well as the outfit. I especially love the phone case. Perfect for the holidays!

 Now, creating outfits should be a little less stressful, now that there's an idea of what style to dress like. I find that I can get ready much more effectively when I have a theme or style in mind to get ready for parties. With this in mind, you can target a specific look to rock at a holiday party, and who knows? Maybe your lipstick could go for a test run!

Hope you liked this post,

kamila <3

2 comments:

  1. I love all the outfits you picked out. You did a very good job in expressing all the different styles!!!

    ReplyDelete