Thursday, September 10, 2015

NYFW 2015!

Hey girls,
 Today is a very special post, because today marks day one of New York Fashion Week 2015! For anyone who doesn't know, New York Fashion Week is a series of fashion shows and fashion events in which new collections are presented to the public. It usually lasts from 7-9 days, and from today to September 17, I will be completely immersed in fashion, and so will many other people. I can't even tell you how amazing NYFW is, and some day I hope to go see some fashion shows, or even have a collection I made in the show! I love NYFW because it's a chance for us to see new collections from our favorite brands, such as Oscar de la Renta and Dolce and Gabbana, and see new fashion designers, such as Sandy Liang and Brother Vellies. Don't know who they are? That's because they are new designers. I love new collections from new designers because new ideas, and new clothes are discovered. I always love seeing what people come up with. That's the power of fashion.
 So, I would like to tell you about some designers that I'm really excited to see at NYFW. Some are old, some are new. Each one of them is totally creative, and I absolutely can't wait to see their collections on the runway!


1. Trina Turk
One of the major reasons why I am so excited to see Trina Turk's collection hit the runway is because of her style. It's bright and it's sunny and it's so springy. I can't wait to see what amazing surprises this brand has in store. I am especially excited to see her new shoes. I love the shoes from Trina Turk, partly because of the practical, yet fashionable styles she features.

2. BCBG Max Azria
I really like this brand, and for a number of reasons. One, the style is so gorgeous, that it's hard to go wrong. Two, BCBG Max Azria is not horribly expensive for a designer brand, which is pretty good for their business. Three, their clothes are modern, meaning you can totally tone one garment down, but playing it up makes it work as well. I am sitting forward in my seat, waiting to see what stylish garments they have dreamed up for the public.

3. Brother Vellies
Just looking at these shoes in this picture a few weeks ago made me instantly drool over their collection, and I haven't even seen their collection yet! The footwear is totally modern, and their story is totally unique. I can tell this brand is totally going to blow up during and after NYFW.

4. Halston Heritage
Classic, classic, classic. That's Halston Heritage. Classic and contemporary. Also, ideal work wear, and a great brand for the fashion show. The clothes are straight perfection. They are constructed so well, and the styles are totally unique. Halston Heritage adds their own twist to usually ordinary clothes, like the pants on the left.

These are some brands that are really going to excite me during NYFW, and there are so so SO many more to look for! Now, if you will excuse me, I have some live fashion shows to watch!

Hope you liked this post,

kamila <3

5 comments:

  1. How can I get tickets to ANY show. I am in town for a few days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great question! I think that some of their shows are now open to the public. You can find more information here: http://newyorkfashionweeklive.com/want-to-buy-tickets-to-nyfw-now-you-can

      Delete
  2. How can I get tickets to ANY show. I am in town for a few days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been staying tuned in with the fashion show as well and seeing all the new collections. So inspirational!! Thanks for sharing these fantastic pictures!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally inspired by the new collections as well! The shows are absolutely amazing. Thanks for commenting! xo

      Delete