Friday, October 10, 2014

Model Drawing, Christopher Hart, and Clothes

Hey girls,

Yesterday was a big accomplishment for me, and I wanted to share it with everyone. It might not seem that big to you, but to me, it is amazing.
I drew a good model!!! I made it look professional and all! I am very excited, so I want to keep practicing this. I learned how to draw a model from a book called "Fashion Design Studio: Drawing with Chris Hart." It is an awesome book, and if you want to learn how to draw figures and fashions, this book is for you. This is the model that I drew. I know it still needs practice because it isn't perfect, but I will work on and make it better.
So here it is:
Screenshot 2014-10-10 at 9.39.10 PM.png
This is the model I drew. This is a model before I draw clothes on it, so that is why it is so blank. It's a little hard to see, so I apologize for that. But, overall, I am very excited to continue drawing models and I can't wait to read the book by Christopher Hart! His drawings are really great!!!
Also, I want to show you another drawing that I did. I hand drew the model, so it is not like the others, where I have an actual template to draw on. This is my drawing:
I call this drawing "Office Ready" because you could walk into work with this. I didn't draw any shoes with it, though, but a pair of black pumps could work with this combo. I especially liked drawing the peplum top underneath the blazer, and as I have mentioned before, I love love LOVE peplums. I think the blazer was a good touch to the outfit, and I like the pencil skirt because the stripes are not horizontal stripes. I don't like horizontal stripes because they are not as slimming to the figure as vertical stripes are. The stripes in my drawing are diagonal stripes (And don't worry, there will be a post about stripes sooner or later... if I don't forget ;D).
  I hope you like this post as much as I liked drawing the models! Have an awesome, awesome weekend, and don't forget, always love fashion!!!
Hope you liked this post,

kamila <3

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Also, I can't wait until your costume post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yep, my Halloween post is coming soon! :)

    ReplyDelete